So-called ‘off label’ uses of Blue Light therapy include:
- Improving aging/sun damaged skin
- Improving fine lines and blotchy pigmentation
- Improving acne/rosacea
- Reducing the size facial oil glands (sebaceous hyperplasia)
- Decreasing the oiliness of the skin
- Improving the texture and smoothness of the skin by minimizing pore size.
Tips for post treatment care:
- Daily use of SPF 30 sunscreen is recommended.
- Avoid sunlight or bright indoor lighting for the next 48 hours.
- If you must go outside, wear light-blocking clothing and hats. SPF alone does not provide enough protection for the skin during this time frame.
- Keep skin well moisturized with over the counter emollients as needed for dryness.
- Use over the counter 1% topical hydrocortisone 2-3 times a day for excessive redness or itching.
- Use cool compresses as needed for swelling.
- Use vinegar/ water soaks to help burning and tingling:
-mix 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to 2 cups of cool water.
-soak washcloth and apply to affected area as needed.
- Tylenol or Advil/Ibuprofen may be taken for tenderness or discomfort.
After treatment, you may experience the following:
- Dark Spots
- Stinging/burning- usually lasts 24 hours
- These effects usually resolve in 5-7 days, and will be completely resolved in 3-4 weeks.
- Peeling or flaking, or crusting of the skin
If you experience the following, please call our office
- Severe pain
- Open, weeping skin
Blue Light Consent
To learn more about Blue Light Therapy call 770-422-5557 or fill out the form on this page.