What does it treat
Clear + Brilliant can treat sun damage, as well as early signs of age.
How does it work?
Clear + Brilliant is a fractional laser treatment, which means that it treats the skin by creating micro-injury channels with each passing of the handpiece. These tiny injuries promote faster healing, and as new collagen grows and cells regenerate, the skin becomes clearer and healthier.
There is very little discomfort with Clear + Brilliant, as numbing cream is applied to the skin at the start. Clear + Brilliant treatment is often followed up with the application of topical skin care products, to help add moisture to the skin.
How many treatments do you need?
A series of 4-5 treatments is generally recommended for best results. Each session lasts for approximately 20 minutes.
What should you expect?
After treatment you will look like you’ve had a slight sunburn, and there will also be some mild swelling and redness. This normally disappears within 2-3 days. Most patients can resume work immediately. Within 5-7 days your face will be noticeably clearer, plumper, and appear more youthful.
Clear + Brilliant After Care Instructions:
- Immediately After Treatment. Use a bland moisturizer (i.e. Cetaphil® cream) or a very thin layer of petrolatum ointment (i.e. Aquaphor®). Use petrolatum ointment to cover any area with oozing and keep moist. Use of icepacks helps alleviate the heat sensation. You may also cleanse your face with a mild cleanser.
- First Few Days. Continue cleansing and moisturizing over the next few days. Once the sloughing starts, please allow your skin to heal and DO NOT scrub, rub, or use exfoliants. Keep clothing away from treated body parts as much as possible to avoid irritation.
- First Week of Healing. Keep treated area clean; avoid smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, excessive exercise, perspiring, swimming, or exposing skin to heat and sun.
- Skin Care Products. All of your skin care products should be non-irritating and non-clogging for the first week or so after a Clear & Brilliant treatment. Examples of brands that offer very gentle and inexpensive products that are ideal to use: Aveeno®, Dove®, Neutrogena®, and Cetaphil®.
- Scrubs, Toners, Glycolic Acid, and Retin A. Your skin will be sensitive for the first week or so after treatment. Do not use products that will cause irritation during this time. Do not use abrasive scrubs, toners, or products that contain glycolyic acids or Retin A. Read the product labels.
- Normal Skin Care Regimen. Once the sloughing is complete, you may resume your routine skin care and make-up products, as long as they are tolerable to you.
- It is very important that you use sunscreen to prevent sun damage to the skin. Sunscreen should offer broadband protection (UVA and UVB) and have a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or more. Once sloughing is complete, use sunscreen daily for at least 3 months after your last treatment. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside, and again, immediately before. Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours. If direct sun exposure is necessary, wear a hat and clothing that covers the treated area. Your practice of diligent sunscreen use may lower the risk of laser-induced hyperpigmentation (darker color).
- Remember that peeling and/or flaking is normal during the healing process. Therefore, the moisturizer you use should be non-irritating and non-clogging, or else you could develop breakouts. During the healing period, your normal moisturizer may be too occlusive, so consider products from the brands listed above. Instead of using 2 separate products, use moisturizers that contain SPF30+. Reapply whenever your skin feels dry.
- Bleaching Creams. Discontinue use of your bleaching cream while your skin is tender.
- Resume your normal skin care regimen when your skin has fully healed.
- Cold Sores. If you have a history of cold sores, ask your doctor about care!
- Abnormal Healing. If you notice any blisters, cuts, bruises, crusting/scabs, areas of raw skin, ulcerations, active bleeding, increased discomfort or pain, pigment changes (lighter or darker than usual complexion), or any other problems, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Questions/Concerns. Post-treatment healing varies from patient to patient. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the office.
Schedule Your Consultation
If your skin looks dull and tired, you can get beautiful, healthy skin with our Clear + Brilliant laser treatment at the Aesthetics Center of SCS, serving the greater Atlanta metro. Call us today at 770-422-3306 or fill out the form on this page to schedule a consultation.