IPL (INTENSE PULSED LIGHT) PHOTOREJUVENATION
Photorejuvenation is a versatile treatment that can treat a variety of dermatological problems. It can also renew the color of the skin, improve skin elasticity, and refresh the appearance.
What is IPL Photorejuvenation?
IPL Photorejuvenation is a skin treatment option that uses a broad spectrum of light wavelengths to treat sun damage, and reduce the signs of aging. It can be used to treat a range of skin conditions including sunspots, vascular lesions, and pigmented lesions.
Lumenis M22 IPL/YAG
At Skin Cancer Specialists, P.C. & Aesthetic Center, we use the Lumenis M22 IPL/YAG platform for IPL Photorejuvenation. The Lumenis M22 IPL/YAG is a breakthrough solution for skin conditions such as rosacea, birthmarks, freckles, and spider veins. It is efficient, safe, and easy to use.
How does it work?
The Lumenis M22 delivers intense pulses of broad spectrum light deep into the skin. The light targets the dark pigment when treating pigmented lesions, or the abnormal vessels, when treating vascular lesions.
The Lumenis M22 operates using the principle of selective photothermolysis, in which the wavelengths of light heats and destroys the tissue targeted for treatment, without damaging the surrounding tissue. The Lumenis is equipped with filters that adjust the range of wavelengths to suit different treatments, and skin types.
How many treatments do you need?
A series of 2-4 treatments spaced 3-4 weeks apart, is usually recommended to clear skin discolorations and vascular lesions. Each session lasts for 30-40 minutes.
What should you expect?
There is virtually no downtime after IPL treatment with the Lumenis M22, so you can return to regular activities immediately afterwards.
Prior to Treatment
- Do NOT tan the areas to be treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid using self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- DO shave the areas prior to treatment.
- Use of the medication Accutane (isotretinoin) within 6 months of treatment is forbidden.
- Stop Retin-A, Retinol, Glycolic, and AHA products 2-3 days prior to treatment.
- Let us know if you have a history of fever blisters if you are undergoing treatment on your face.
Post Treatment Care
- Quick, warm showers are recommended. If areas are treated other than the facial area, hot baths are not advised for 24 hours.
- If the skin is broken or a blister appears, apply Aquaphor or Polysporin ointment and call the office. The area should be kept lubricated to prevent crusting or scabbing.
- Cold packs, Aloe-Vera or any other cooling preparation may be used to ease temporary discomfort.
- Prolonged sun exposure is to be avoided for 4 weeks before and after treatment. In addition, a broad-spectrum sunblock/sunscreen should be applied daily and reapplied often.
If you’re ready to restore the natural glow and youthful appearance to your skin, contact Skin Cancer Specialists, P. C. & Aesthetic Center, serving the greater Atlanta metro, for a consultation about IPL Photorejuvenation. Fill out the form on this page or call 770-422-5557 today to schedule an appointment.