How does it work?
The Excel V, Vbeam Perfecta and Lumenis M22 destroys the abnormal blood vessels responsible for the vascular condition, or the pigmented cells. After these abnormal cells are eliminated, normal skin tone and color will be restored. The laser has an adjustable spot size, and this makes it easier to treat both deep and superficial lesions.
How many treatments do I need?
It typically takes 2-3 treatments spaced 2-4 weeks apart, to achieve the desired improvement. However, the number of treatments will vary based on the size and color of the vascular lesion.
What should you expect?
Patients are advised to avoid sun exposure after treatment, and also use a wide spectrum sunblock for added protection.
Before Your Treatment:
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment (Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, )
- Some medications or supplements may increase the risk Please call our office with any questions.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, ).
- Notify office with any changes to your health history or medications since your last
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to
After Your Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun
- Bruising, redness and swelling are common and resolve with
- A “bug bite look” is common and usually resolves in 1-2
- Avoid heat from saunas hot-tubs, or hot showers, for 1-2 days.
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days post-treatment.
(Products containing retinol, benzoyl-peroxide, glycolic or salicylic acids, astringents, etc.)
- Notify clinic of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, ).
Schedule Your Consultation
Contact the Aesthetics Center of SCS, serving the greater Atlanta metro, to learn more about Excel V laser treatments. The Excel V, Vbeam Perfecta and Lumenis M22 services offered at our Marietta, Newnan, Cartersville and Columbus locations. Call us today at 770-422-5557 or fill out the form on this page to request an appointment.