Many people think of Botox injections as a cosmetic treatment only. While it helps eliminate wrinkles, the benefits of Botox go far beyond just providing an aesthetic improvement. If you’re considering joining the 4.6 million Americans who seek Botox injections each year, consider the benefits that await you.
- Reduce facial wrinkles: Let’s start with the benefits everyone thinks of first. Botox is an FDA-approved cosmetic procedure used to reduce dynamic facial wrinkles. These are the wrinkles that appear when you make an expression, such as squinting, laughing or frowning. Botox relaxes the muscles across your forehead, between your eyebrows and around your eyes to help you look younger.
- Treat headaches and migraines: If you experience persistent headaches, you know that migraine medication comes with dangerous side effects. Botox provides the relief many patients need with fewer possible side effects. While it’s uncertain how Botox helps migraines, it’s thought to work by blocking sensory nerves that send pain signals to the brain, as well as relaxing muscles that cause tension headaches.
- Treat muscle spasms: Botox was originally created to reduce eye spasms. This treatment method is still viable today and extends to other parts of the body as well, managing muscle stiffness and twitching in the elbows, wrists, fingers, ankles and
- Reduce the effect of Bell’s palsy: As a result of trauma to facial nerves, muscles weaken and droop, often on just one side of the face. Botox treats Bell’s palsy by relaxing unwanted muscle movements and reducing tension in hyperactive areas, creating more symmetrical facial expressions and reducing the signs of facial paralysis.
- Relieve symptoms of an enlarged prostate: By injecting Botox directly into the prostate gland, men with benign prostatic hyperplasia, or an enlarged prostate, can find relief from their symptoms. With long-lasting results and no need to take prescription medication, many men are considering this treatment option.
- Reduce symptoms of overactive bladder: Incontinence, frequent trips to the bathroom, and the sudden, urgent need to urinate can disrupt your daily life. Botox may help. When injected into the bladder muscle, it blocks nerves that trigger symptoms of overactive bladder, providing much-needed relief.
Botox injections are fast, affordable and noninvasive. The results also appear quickly – typically within a week or less – and last for three to four months or longer. So, whether you’re looking to improve your self-confidence or treat a serious medical condition, Botox injections could be right for you.
To learn more about the benefits of Botox, or to schedule a consultation, please contact Skin Cancer Specialists, P.C. & Aesthetic Center at 770-422-5557. We have multiple convenient locations in the greater Atlanta area to best serve you.